It’s been a little while you crazy kids but don’t worry I’M BAAAACK!
And I have to say I’m bringing you my most favorite recipe yet by far! Low-carb Spaghetti Squash & Chicken Meatballs! This recipe is seriously sooo yummy you must run out and buy a squash now and make it to serve to your guests at your next kiki!
And speaking of SERRRVING I sure did get a lesson this week on how to serve, A WOMAN! That’s right kids we had the very first (REAL) female in Kiki Kitchen and she really was out to let us have it!
Jessica saw Kiki Kitchen she said “OOOOH I just have to be on this show!” I told her that this kiki is so marvelous that she needs to be really ready to bring it. Oh and not only did she bring herself but much to my surprise she brought her alter-ego, “Mistress J” – a fierce dominatrix who has a penchant for calling boys chickens and whipping up balls – LITERALLY!!
I had never seen this side of Jess — oops I mean Mistress J — before and altho she totally scared me, I gotta say, I kinda liked it. 😉
The recipe we “whipped” up is not only delicious but very nutritious! RUN, dont walk to serve this dish!!
If you would like to make yummy spaghetti squash and balls yourself check out the recipe below and leave me a comment on how they come out! I want to hear about your balls! Mistress J does too!
You Will Need:
1 Spaghetti Squash
Large sharp knife
Salt & Pepper
1/2 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
2T Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Onion, Grated
1T Fresh Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
3 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 1/2 C of Low or No Sugar Marinara Sauce (I used Walden Farms which was ZERO carbs, sugar, & calories! Yet still tastes amazing!)
A few basil leaves
4oz goat cheese
To Make Dish:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise into 2 equal halves
3. Scoop out seeds with a spoon or ice cream scooper
4. Drizzle cut halves with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper
5. Place facedown on a baking sheet and place in oven for 1 hour
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool until it is ok to handle, about 20-30 minutes
7. Scrape out flesh of squash with a fork and place into large bowl. It should come out of the squash looking just like spaghetti strands. Set aside squash skin halves.
8. Combine chicken, parmesan cheese, panko, onion, parsley, garlic, water, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix with your hands.
9. Roll into 12 even balls about 1.5 inches in diameter
10. In a non-stick skillet, heat 1T of olive oil
11. Place chicken balls in and cook for 6 minutes turning often
12. Add 1 1/2 C of the marinara sauce to skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes
13. Remove from stove and add to bowl with spaghetti squash
14. Toss in gently with the squash then transfer to squash bowls, arranging nicely.
15. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and goat cheese
16. SERRRRRVE Immediately.
I know you kids are really gonna love this dish! Mistress J sure did! BON APPETITO!! LOW CARBO!! MUAH!