Hi Kiki Kids! So sorry i forgot to post this one last week!
Short re-cap. Dallas DuBois came over. Instead of Kraft Mac & Cheese I made her my special Low Carb Cauliflower & Artichoke MOCK & Cheese and she loved it!
You can too! Just follow these simple steps below:
You Will Need:
1 Head of Cauliflower Florets
1/2C Artichoke Hearts
1C Heavy Cream
1/4 Low Fat Cream Cheese
2t dijon mustard
Pinch of nutmeg
1t garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1C Shredded Gruyere Cheese
1C Shredded Sharp Cheddar
To Make Mock & Cheese:
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
2. Boil the florets in salted water for 5-7 minutes until al dente then dry on paper towels
3. Place in a bowl and stir in artichoke hearts
4. In a medium sauce pan bring heavy cream to a simmer
5. Whisk in cream cheese, mustard, nutmeg, garlic powder, salt & pepper, until smooth
6. Add 3/4C Gruyere & 3/4C Cheddar and whisk until all has melted
7. Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower & artichoke and stir well
8. Pour into a grease baking dish
9. Top with remaining cheese
10. Bake for 20 minutes until top is golden and bubbly.
11. Garnish with fresh parsley and serrrve!