SHALOM KIKI CHILDREN! AND HAPPY HANUKKAH!
I got a great new recipe for all you boys and goys!! My low-carb latkes, perfect for your Hanukkah kiki.
These low carb concoctions are perfect to invite the Jew gals over to kvetch and schmooze. The secret to them is 1 part potatoes, to 1 part grated zucchini, to 1 part grated turnip! A perfect holiday treat that wont take it’s toll on your waistline.
And who better to come over and share these treats, without all the Jewish guilt, other than NYC Queen Jew and founder of He’Bro, the party resource for all of the NYC gay Jew boys – JAYSON LITTMAN.
Jayson even brought some He’Bro helpers who fried these babies up for me.
And play dreidels with the gaydels!
Dont worry we kept it kosher – KINDA!
If you’d like to make these gnoshes at home just follow the instructions below and prepare to PLOTZ!
You Will Need:
1 Cup Grated Potatoes (About 1 large one)
1 Cup Grated Zucchini (About 1 large one)
1 Cup Grated Turnip (1/2 of a regualr sized turnip)
1/2 C low-carb latke meal or low-carb potato mashers (Like Dixie)
1 small onion, grated
1 T Garlic Powder
oil for frying
To Make Latkes:
1. Heat Olive Oil over medium heat
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Drop about 1/4C of the latke mixture in to the pan to fry. Do not overcrowd the pan with latkes
4. Fry about 4 minutes, flip once and fry other side for 4 minutes.
5. Remove and Let drain on rack or paper towel
6. Serve with sour cream or applesauce
ENJOY BOYS & GOYS!!