Hey Twinkies & Kiki Kids!!
As we’ve all learned recently we might be saying goodbye to our good ol friend, the Twinkie!! No, no, no not “those” kinda Twinkies. The snack cakes silly!!
And while Hostess brands can still be saved I say let’s just mourn the loss now and get low-carb low-sugar on these twinkies with my Grown Up “Twunkies!” For the 20 Something crowd!
And while one of my guests canceled last minute due to being, uhhh, “sick” – my good ol friend Markus was happy to step in and help me cream up these soft lemon sponge cake goodies.
She even brought a friend with her – NYC uber twink Kristian who has never creamed anything before in his life but did a great job regardless.
And of course, we sent her home with a load of cream!
If you’d like to make these twinkies at home you will be happy to find out how moist and delicious they are! Cant wait for you to try them! Just follow these simple instructions below.
You Will Need:
1/3C Stevia or Splenda
1T Vanilla Extract
Zest of 1 Lemon
1/4C Coconut Flour
1/4C Heavy Cream
Pinch of Salt
1/2 t baking soda
Non Stick Cookie Spray
Twinkie Pan, Cupcake Pan, or 9×9 baking dish
1C Heavy Cream
1t stevia or splenda
To Make Twunkies:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Separate Egg Yolks and reserve Egg Whites in Small Bowl
3. Mix Yolks and 1/3C Splenda together in medium mixing bowl
4. Stir in 1T Vanilla and lemon zest
5. Beat in coconut flour a little at a time
6. Stir in salt and baking soda
7. Mix in 1/4C heavy cream
8. Pour egg whites into batter and fold in gently for about 1-2 minutes
9. Pour into pan
10. Bake for 15 minutes and place on rack to cool when done
11. In small bowl whip together 1c heavy cream, 1t vanilla, 1t stevia until thick and cream rises to stiff peaks.
12. Transfer whipped cream to filling injector
13. Once twinkies have completely cooled inject cream filling into 3 holes through flat side of twinkies.
14. Place twunkies face down on plate and serrrrrve immediately.