Hi Again Kiki Kids!!
Everyone know what season it is? It’s RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race Season!! WOO HOO!! 12 queens will enter! 1 will win!! In honor of this festive event I’ve decided to let you all have it with an All Star dish I’ve dreamt up – My Chicken A La Queen Salad!!
What makes this salad so queeny kids is protein packed, fiber rich QUINOA!! Quinoa is so yummy as it’s lower in carbs than traditional pasta so it’s good for us too.
And what better queen to have over other than All Star Phi Phi O’Hara herself!!!??
Ok ok ok so maybe she’s NOT an All Star but she is in my book! She was an All Star help in the kitchen and a good sport about not making it on this special season of RuPaul’s hit show! She really could “Sautee´Away” and “Mixed This Salad For Her Life”.
Watch us cook, & dish on the new season and all of your favorite queens! And NO She’s not bitter at all!
She even surprised me with an ALL STAR MAKEOVER! It was the least she could do after I madeover a salad for her! How sweet PhiPhi!
If you want to make this at home it’s super simple just follow the directions below! And dont forget to tune-in to RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race every Monday at 9/8c, ONLY ON LOGO! Check out logotv.com to find out what channel it is in your area!
You Will Need:
1 cup dry quinoa
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1/3C Olive Oil
1/3C Balsamic Vinegar
2T Apple Cider Vinegar
5 cloves of garlic
Salt & Pepper
1/2 Red Pepper, Diced
1/2 Orange Pepper, Diced
1/2 Yellow Squash, Cut into round halves
1/2 Green Zucchini, Cut into round halves
8oz Crumbled Blue Cheese
2T Purple Onion, diced and marinaded in 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
To Make Salad:
1. Mix Oil, Vinegars, Honey, Garlic, Lemons, Salt & Pepper to make marinade
2. Dice chicken up into pieces and place in marinade
3. Chill for at least 2 hours
4. Heat quinoa and chicken stock in a pot until a rolling boil
5. Lower heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes until done
6. Transfer to Bowl and Add all veggies
7. Sautee marinaded chicken over medium heat until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes
8. Transfer chicken to bowl and toss salad with tongs
9. Add juice of one lemon to salad and salt and pepper to taste
10. Crumble Blue Cheese on top when serrrrrving.
11. Have a kiki w the queens and enjoy.
Great served hot OR cold!