HAPPY HALLOWEEN KIKI KIDS!!
This week I’m DOM TOP MICKEY and I’m serrrving up a SPOOKTACULAR helping of low-carb realness with my spicy sausage & pumpkin soup AND a low-carb slurpee!!
And who better to help me cook, dish and slurp other than Slurpin Showbiz Spitfire Paige Turner herself.
We got real wet with these liquid concoctions and even dragged out some pumpkins! Who needs to carve anymore? Pumpkins need drag makeovers too!
Paige’s pumpkin was the clear winner so I admitted defeat. My the biggest winner of all that day was my soup! YUM YUM YUM!!
If you’d like to make these at home just follow the simple instructions below. SLURP!
For Soup, You will need:
1 lb spicy italian sausage
1 cup of white onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 15 oz can of canned pumpkin
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1T Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
To Make Soup:
1. In a large soup pot heat the olive oil
2. Add onions, sausage and garlic and cook until browned, about 5 minutes
3. Drain fat
4. Add chicken stock, canned pumpkin, cream and salt & pepper
5. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes
To Make Slurpees, You will need:
2 packets of your favorite Crystal Light, frozen into 2 ice cub trays (I used raspberry lemonade)
2-3 Cups unsweetened coconut milk
3 packets of stevia sweetener
To Make Slurpees:
1. Combine coconut milk, strawberries, juice of lemon and stevia in blender
2. Slowly add frozen Crystal Light ice cubes until desired consistency.
3. HAVE A KIKI!
MUAH! Until next weeek.