Hi Again Kiki Kids!!
I’m back with a deliciously tasty treat for all you cannibals out there. Silence of the Lamb Chops with a Fava Bean salad!! Yes Queen!
My marinade for this dish combines two of the best flavors to eat lamb with, rosemary & mint, and compliments it with a healthy side salad of fennel, mint, and low-carb high fiber fava beans. YUM!!
The great thing about fava beans is their nutrients and buttery nutty flavor. The worst thing about them is having to shuck each one by hand! I used dried fava beans and soaked them over night in water to loosen them up but still the shucking can be a pain. Good thing I invited my muscular buddy over to help, none other than Stephen Hanna – star of Silence! The Musical.
Stephen may only be an OFF-Broadway star but who cares, I really needed the help with these beans!!
He plays Dream Hannibal in the hilarious show and shares with us what his role means and what its like to be part of the great cast.
If you’d like to get tickets to see Silence! you can head on over to www.silencethemusical.com or go to www.20at20.com for $20 tickets 20 minutes before the show starts. That’s what I’m tawkin about!
Try this dish out and tell me what you think. It’s easy! Just follow the instructions below and dont forget to invite an old friend over for dinner. 🙂
For Chops – You will need:
4 cuts of good lamb chops
3/4 C Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 C Olive Oil
3T Fresh Chopped Mint
2T Dried Rosemary
4 Cloves Fresh Chopped Garlic
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt & Pepper to Taste
To Make Chops:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl
2. Add chops to bowl & refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
3. Heat a grill pan with 1T olive oil over high heat
4. Grill chops for 2 minutes then flip and grill for an additional 4 minutes for medium
For the salad you will need:
1 C Dried Fava Beans – soaked over night (or fresh)
1 bulb of fennel, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
10-15 mint leaves chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2T Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
4oz shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
To Make Salad:
1. Shell fava beans one at a time to get one cup.
2. Put fava beans in a pot and cover with water and boil for about 10-15 minutes
3. Combine fennel, beans, mint, scallions, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper and toss in a bowl
4. Shave Pecorino Romano cheese on top
5. Serve with water or a nice Chianti!!