Hi again crazy kiki kids!
I’m back this week with a special treat for all you juiceheads out there! Triple Stacked Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins!! It took me a while to perfect these babies so treat them with love and care and enjoy them at your next kiki! The secret to making them triple stacked is 3 scoops of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. The secret to making them cakey is a nice low-carb coconut flour. And the secret to making them moist and delish is unsweetened applesauce! With 4g of carbs and 8.5 grams of protein you’ll want to grab one of these after your next workout! Enjoy these muffins without having to worry about your muffin top!
And who better to help me make these Triple Stacked confections other than the most triple stacked “throuple” around – Franco, Mark, AND Vinny!
Now these boys (who refer to themselves as the “Daddy Family”) love to stay stacked and protein packed but they sure do love to party too. I caught up with them in my kitchen after a long night of them dancing at Allegria and they confessed to me on the couch all the seriously fun parties they throw each week as a family.
You dont wanna miss this episode!
The recipe is really great too! If you would like to make these at home just follow the simple instructions below and enjoy! Can’t wait to hear all about your muffins!
Glenn’s Triple Stacked Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins
You will need:
3 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (Make sure it tastes good)
1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
3 Eggs (room temperature)
6T Melted Butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3-4T Unsweetened Applesauce
To Make Muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine protein powder, coconut flour, stevia, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs in separate bowl and drizzle in melted butter, whisk in vanilla and water.
4. Combine wet bowl with dry bowl and stir with fork just until combined. DO NOT over mix and DO NOT use an electric mixer
5. Add 3-4T of unsweetened applesauce to bowl and fold into muffin mixture
6. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and spoon muffin mix into each cup about 1/2-3/4 full
7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of each muffin and swirl in with a knife
8. Bake at 350 for just about 10-12 minutes watching not to over cook at all.
9. Remove muffin tin from oven and allow muffins to cool in tin for 5 minutes
10. Remove muffins from tin and cool on wire rack.
11. Dish and serrrrve and enjoy!!
Make 12 muffins!