Hi Again Kiki Kids!!
Monthly Archives: September 2012
It’s been a little while you crazy kids but don’t worry I’M BAAAACK!
And I have to say I’m bringing you my most favorite recipe yet by far! Low-carb Spaghetti Squash & Chicken Meatballs! This recipe is seriously sooo yummy you must run out and buy a squash now and make it to serve to your guests at your next kiki!
And speaking of SERRRVING I sure did get a lesson this week on how to serve, A WOMAN! That’s right kids we had the very first (REAL) female in Kiki Kitchen and she really was out to let us have it!
Jessica saw Kiki Kitchen she said “OOOOH I just have to be on this show!” I told her that this kiki is so marvelous that she needs to be really ready to bring it. Oh and not only did she bring herself but much to my surprise she brought her alter-ego, “Mistress J” – a fierce dominatrix who has a penchant for calling boys chickens and whipping up balls – LITERALLY!!
I had never seen this side of Jess — oops I mean Mistress J — before and altho she totally scared me, I gotta say, I kinda liked it. 😉
The recipe we “whipped” up is not only delicious but very nutritious! RUN, dont walk to serve this dish!!
If you would like to make yummy spaghetti squash and balls yourself check out the recipe below and leave me a comment on how they come out! I want to hear about your balls! Mistress J does too!
You Will Need:
1 Spaghetti Squash
Large sharp knife
Salt & Pepper
1/2 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
2T Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Onion, Grated
1T Fresh Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
3 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 1/2 C of Low or No Sugar Marinara Sauce (I used Walden Farms which was ZERO carbs, sugar, & calories! Yet still tastes amazing!)
A few basil leaves
4oz goat cheese
To Make Dish:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise into 2 equal halves
3. Scoop out seeds with a spoon or ice cream scooper
4. Drizzle cut halves with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper
5. Place facedown on a baking sheet and place in oven for 1 hour
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool until it is ok to handle, about 20-30 minutes
7. Scrape out flesh of squash with a fork and place into large bowl. It should come out of the squash looking just like spaghetti strands. Set aside squash skin halves.
8. Combine chicken, parmesan cheese, panko, onion, parsley, garlic, water, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix with your hands.
9. Roll into 12 even balls about 1.5 inches in diameter
10. In a non-stick skillet, heat 1T of olive oil
11. Place chicken balls in and cook for 6 minutes turning often
12. Add 1 1/2 C of the marinara sauce to skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes
13. Remove from stove and add to bowl with spaghetti squash
14. Toss in gently with the squash then transfer to squash bowls, arranging nicely.
15. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and goat cheese
16. SERRRRRVE Immediately.
Hi again crazy kiki kids!
I’m back this week with a special treat for all you juiceheads out there! Triple Stacked Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins!! It took me a while to perfect these babies so treat them with love and care and enjoy them at your next kiki! The secret to making them triple stacked is 3 scoops of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. The secret to making them cakey is a nice low-carb coconut flour. And the secret to making them moist and delish is unsweetened applesauce! With 4g of carbs and 8.5 grams of protein you’ll want to grab one of these after your next workout! Enjoy these muffins without having to worry about your muffin top!
And who better to help me make these Triple Stacked confections other than the most triple stacked “throuple” around – Franco, Mark, AND Vinny!
Now these boys (who refer to themselves as the “Daddy Family”) love to stay stacked and protein packed but they sure do love to party too. I caught up with them in my kitchen after a long night of them dancing at Allegria and they confessed to me on the couch all the seriously fun parties they throw each week as a family.
You dont wanna miss this episode!
The recipe is really great too! If you would like to make these at home just follow the simple instructions below and enjoy! Can’t wait to hear all about your muffins!
Glenn’s Triple Stacked Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins
You will need:
3 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (Make sure it tastes good)
1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
3 Eggs (room temperature)
6T Melted Butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3-4T Unsweetened Applesauce
To Make Muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine protein powder, coconut flour, stevia, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs in separate bowl and drizzle in melted butter, whisk in vanilla and water.
4. Combine wet bowl with dry bowl and stir with fork just until combined. DO NOT over mix and DO NOT use an electric mixer
5. Add 3-4T of unsweetened applesauce to bowl and fold into muffin mixture
6. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and spoon muffin mix into each cup about 1/2-3/4 full
7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of each muffin and swirl in with a knife
8. Bake at 350 for just about 10-12 minutes watching not to over cook at all.
9. Remove muffin tin from oven and allow muffins to cool in tin for 5 minutes
10. Remove muffins from tin and cool on wire rack.
11. Dish and serrrrve and enjoy!!
Make 12 muffins!