Hi again all you kooky cooking kids!
This week’s episode I’m showing you all how to Party & Play in the low-carb goodness way with some tasty jalapeno pepper n prosciutto poppers. Now I dont just want you to sniff these poppers kids! Make them for your next kiki and enjoy them guilt free because I “breaded” them in my special “breading” made out of flaxseeds, parmesan cheese, panko, and parsley. (ONLY 15g of carbs compared to regular breadcrumbs which have 40g!!)
And you KNOW I just had to have someone who loves to party n play over to help me make these yummy poppers. What better person than party host and Big Brother star Will Wikle!?
He sure was popping his booty all over my kitchen in the process.
And we learned some new vocabulary words while we PNP’d together too!
If you would like to make these poppers just follow these simple directions below. And don’t forget to ALWAYS PNP responsibly!
Glenn’s PNP Poppers (Jalapeno Pepper n Prosciutto Poppers)
You Will Need:
8 jalapeno peppers
8 slices of prosciutto
4oz light cream cheese
2T shredded sharp cheddar
1T chopped chives
1T mixed seasoning (I used salt-free Mrs. Dash)
Pinch of salt
For “breading” –
2T Dried Italian flat leaf parsley
1/4C Parmesan Cheese
To Make Poppers:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, chives, mixed seasoning, salt, and juice of 1/2 the lime in a bowl
3. Slice jalapenos lengthwise and remove membranes and seeds. You can keep some seeds in for added spice but i removed mine.
4. Spread about 1T of the cheese filling mixture into each pepper half
5. Wrap each filled pepper half with 1/2 slice of prosciutto being sure to seal the open end of the pepper with the prosciutto
6. In a small bowl beat together the egg with the juice of the other half of the lime
7. Dip each pepper half into the egg & lime mixture, then into the “breading” mixture to coat completely
8. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place each “breaded” popper on tray
9. Once all coated pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly
10. Cool for a couple minutes before serrrrrving and ENJOY!
Makes 16 poppers for about 4-5 people