Thanks for stopping by Kiki Kitchen – where we cook, dish, and serrrve!! I’m Glenn Payne. Tune in each week to watch me cook low-carb goodness and dish with all the kooky people in my cook-y life!
In my first episode, I tackle one of everyone’s favorite dishes: pizza! But of course, I do it low-carb with a special base made out of yummy cheeses, eggs, italian spices, and healthy nutty flaxseed meal. I can’t wait to see what this week’s special guest, Gusty Winds, thinks of my low carb concoctions. After all, she is THE carb-conoisseur.
If you’re interested in making this for yourself it’s super easy! Check out the recipe below and always remember to make cooking a kiki!!
Glenn’s Low-Carb “Crustless” Pizza
You will need:
9×13″ Baking Pan or Round 14″ Pizza Pie Pan
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (about 1T)
4oz softened cream cheese
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1T dried Italian Seasoning
4 cloves of fresh minced garlic
2T flaxseed meal
Salt & Pepper to taste
Low carb, low sugar pizza sauce
Any toppings you want! (I used green peppers and pepperoni for Mutha Gusty)
To Make Pizza:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease the pan with a drizzle of olive oil
3. Spread 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese evenly at the bottom of the pan
4. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste
5. Add the heavy cream, garlic, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, chives and flaxseed meal
6. Pour this mixture from bowl on top of cheese in pan, spreading it evenly around
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and spread 3-4 T of the low carb/low sugar sauce onto the “crust”
9. Cover with 1/2 cup of mozzarella
10. Add toppings of your choice
11. Cover toppings with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella
12. Bake for an additional 20 minutes until cheese is golden browned.
13. Cut into 8 equal portions and serve with a garnish of fresh parsley
14 .HAVE A KIKI!
BON APPETIT QUEENS!