Hi again kids and queens!
As you all know, Chik-fil-A came out (for lack of a better term) publicly of late with their homophobic policies and discriminatory stances on gay marriage, equal rights and their general distaste for gay people altogether.
Cities like Boston and Philly are being awesome and working towards preventing the franchise to expand further into their regions. Gays are pissed. And true winners like Sarah Palin are actually posing for pictures at the chain with their families to show their support of intolerance and hate.
Yet what this all boils down to is that hearing Chik-fil-A everywhere is making everyone hungry for some fried chicken!
So what to do? Introducing my very own, “Chik-fil-GAY”! With 12 grams of carbs, and 0 grams of homophobia. We’re cooking with LOVE in the Kiki Kitchen, never with hate.
I’m also so happy that special guest Marti Gould Cummings stopped by to dish about her hilariously pissed off tweets and how she really feels about Chik-fil-A. But the real question is, how does she feel about my low-carb fried chicken alternative?!
Try this at home and let me know what you think kids! Also remember that sauce you put on this will really make a difference in the sugar and carbs. Mayo and mustard – not so bad. BBQ sauce and honey – you’re addin carbs hunty!!!
Glenn’s Love Fried “Chik-fil-GAY”
You will need:
Large Skillet for frying
1cup extra virgin olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/4 cup Italian dressing (NOT creamy)
1/4 cup pickle juice
2 egg whites
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
Toppings of your choice – tomato, lettuce, pickles
Low-carb whole wheat tortillas
Mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, honey mustard
To make sandwich:
1. Combine the italian dressing and pickle juice in a bowl to make marinade
2. Place chicken breasts in marinade and refrigerate covered overnight or for at least 2 hours
3. Heat oil in a large skillet to medium hot
4. Put parmesan cheese in large Ziploc bag
4. Dip chicken breasts in egg white to coat
5. Place egg dipped breast into Ziploc bag with cheese one at a time.
6. Shake and rub vigorously to cover chicken substantially with grated parmesan
7. Place parmesan coated breasts into skillet with olive oil
8. Cook about 3-4 minutes per side until coat is nice and golden brown
9. Remove from oil and place on drying rack
10. Pat excess oil off with paper towels
11. Assemble sandwich using either lettuce as a wrap or low carb whole wheat tortilla.
12. Top with veggies, pickles and sauce of your choice.
That’s it guys!! Simple and easy. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
COOK. DISH. SERRRVE!