It’s been a great year kiki kids!! But alas it’s time to say goodbye!!
And no doubt we’re going out with a bang this year with not 1 recipe this week but 2!! My low-carb chocolate coconut cupcakes and a tasty champagne punch to toast 2013 with!!
And since Kiki Kitchen is all about nightlife I thought what better way to close the year than with the queen of nightlife herself AMANDA LEPORE!!
Amanda was such a doll and so happy to be in the Kiki Kitchen. Although my cups were a lot smaller than hers!!
She even taught us how to make one of her favorite recipes!
And got me to eat a little sugar.
It was nice to ring in the new year with such glamour!!
If youd like to make these at home just follow the instructions below!
TO MAKE CUPCAKES YOU WILL NEED:
2/3 C Coconut Flour
2 Egg Whites
1/3C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/3 Splenda and a little more for glaze
1 C Coconut Milk
1/2 t baking powder
1 t vanilla
2-3 tablespoons of water
A little Heavy cream for glaze
TO MAKE CUPCAKES:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine flour, eggs, cocoa, 1/3C splenda, coconut milk, baking powder and vanila in a bowl
3. Slowly stream in a little water to loosen batter to cupcake consistency – should not be too thick and coat spoon
4. Spoon into cupcake tin lined cupcake tray
5. Bake for 35 minutes until tops are firm yet moist
6. Transfer to rack to cool
7. While cooling, whisk up glaze with a little splenda and heavy cream
8. Drizzle glaze onto COMPLETELY cooled cupcakes (otherwise warm cupcakes will absorb glaze)
9. Top with one fresh raspberry and serve
TO MAKE CHAMPAGNE PUNCH YOU WILL NEED:
1 Cup Crystal Light Pink Lemonade
2 Cups Champagne
2 Shots Absolut Citron
TO MAKE PUNCH:
1. Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir
2. Serve with ice!
THAT’S IT FOR SEASON 1 KIDS!!! HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAKE NEW YEAR’S EVE A KIKI!!!
LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!